ARCHERY VENTURE CREW 10
HOME SAFETY PHOTO'S CALENDAR DOCUMENTS LINKS
E-Mail the Crew at firstname.lastname@example.org
Archery Range Rules
1. Know and obey all range commands and instructors.
2. Always keep your arrows in your quivers until told to shoot with the “one whistle” command.
3. Only use the arrows your instructor gave you. Remember what they look like.
4. Always keep your arrows pointed down to the floor or at the target.
5. Only aim and shoot at your target downrange.
6. If you drop an arrow, leave it on the ground until you are told to retrieve all your arrows.
7. Always walk on the archery range.
8. Always be courteous to the shooter next to you.
9. Stand behind the waiting line when you are finished or not shooting.
10. Only one archer may retrieve their arrows from the target at a time.
12. Walk back to the waiting line and return your arrows to your quivers after retrieving them.
13. SAFETY IS ALWAYS FIRST PRIORITY!
Two Blasts – “Archers may walk to the shooting line.”
One Blast – “Archers may load their bows and begin shooting.”
Three Blasts – “Archers may walk to the target line to retrieve arrows.”
Five or More Blasts – “STOP SHOOTING and put your arrow back in your quiver.”
Archery Safety Procedures
• Always listen to the archery range instructor.
• Always inspect equipment for cracks or damaged areas on the bow limbs, strings, and arrows; remove any damaged materials from the shooting area.
• Observe courtesy and sportsmanship ideals.
• Only approach the shooting line after hearing two whistle blasts.
• Keep your arrows in your quiver until a whistle is blown one time to load your bows and begin shooting.
• Your arrows should always be pointed downrange while loading the bow.
• Shoot only at the target directly in front of you.
• Always look downrange and beyond your target to be sure that there are no obstructions and the range is clear beyond the targets.
• Shoot with one foot on each side of the shooting line.
• Stop shooting immediately and set your bow down if there
are five or more whistle blasts.
• Only approach the target after hearing three whistles and hearing the command to walk to the targets.
• Always carry arrows with one hand on the points and the other hand placed around the shafts just below the fletching.
• Always store the archery equipment in a secure and locked area with only adult access.
• Store all gear including bows, targets and arrows in a dry area with moderate temperatures.